ULTRA RACING 16mm Rear Anti Roll Bar:Honda City 1.5 '05/Jazz '01 [AR16-035]
Anti Roll Bars (also known as anti-sway bars, sway bars or lower tie bars) affect the handling of the car on the lower end of the suspension. Sway bars tie the lower suspension components together across the front or back, and affect a car's over steer and under steer. Sway bars will keep your car flat in turns instead of leaning over to one side. They distribute energy from the side of the car with all the force from the turn on it to the other side of the car, bringing the whole car down flat instead of leaning to one side. Of course the car will still lean some, but not as much. Sway bars provide better cornering especially at high speeds and work very well in conjunction with strut tower bars. However, they can have an adverse affect in off-road situations by leaving one tire completely off the ground.
How Ultra Racing Strut Bars work to minimize and improve:
Shock Tower and Lower Arm Deflection:
In an unmodified car, a shock load on the front wheels is transferred to the shock tower which can cause it to bend laterally up and inwards. At the same time, a load is transferred to the pivot for the lower arm of the suspension causing it to deflect outwards. This will result in a change in camber for the front wheels causing part of the tires to lose contact with the road surface thus decreasing braking and handling .
The addition of an Ultra Racing Front Strut Bar prevents the shock towers from bending. Ultra Racing Front Lower Arm Bars add extra rigidity to the lower arm pivots ensuring that they do not deflect. In combination, these bars can improve handling, control and safety under heavy braking and over rough road conditions. The installation of an Ultra Racing Rear Strut Bar and Rear Lower Bars offer similar improvements for the rear suspension.
Minimizing Deflection During Cornering:
As an unmodified car enters a corner, the weight of the vehicle transfers to the front wheel on the outside of the turn. There is also a large lateral load on the shock towers and the pivots for the lower arms. This will result in a deflection of both the shock towers and lower arm pivots.
The addition of an Ultra Racing Front Strut Bar prevents the shock towers from bending. Ultra Racing Lower Arm Bars add extra rigidity to the lower arm pivots ensuring that they do not deflect. In combination, these bars can improve handling, control and safety through tight corners or during collision avoidance. The installation of an Ultra Racing Rear Strut Bar and Rear Lower Bars offer similar improvements for the rear suspension.
Longitudinal Deflection of the Shock Towers:
In an unmodified car, a shock load on the front wheels is transferred longitudinally to the shock tower. This and the drag load on the suspension can cause the joint between the shock tower and the chassis to bend and twist.
Reducing Body Flex:
On an uneven or bumpy road, the load on the wheels changes and the body flexes. For instance, if a car reaches a drop in the road, it will land with a large force on both the front and rear wheels. This load will result in instantaneous bending of the body and chassis. This could lead to a loss of handling and perhaps permanent damage to both the body and the chassis of the car.
The addition of Ultra Racing Side and Middle Lower Bars adds extra strength and rigidity to the body and chassis. These will improve the car's handling and reduce the chance of damaging the body and chassis under extreme road conditions.
Reducing Body Roll:
As an unmodified car enters a corner, much of the weight of the vehicle transfers to the front wheel on the outside of the turn and some to the trailing rear wheel. This will cause the car to dip forward and to the outside of the turn. This can be very dangerous as it could result in loss of control of the vehicle through tight corners or during crash avoidance.
Most cars come with a Front Anti-Roll (Anti-Sway) Bar. The addition of an Ultra Racing Anti-Roll Bar in the rear and a stiffer Ultra Racing Anti-Roll Bar in the front will cause the inside and outside wheels to move up and down together. The thicker and stiffer the Anti-Roll Bar, the more the motion of the wheels will be synchronized. This will minimize body roll during cornering thus improving overall handling and safety. Even small increases in the diameter of anti-roll bar or replacing a stock hollow anti-roll bar with a solid Ultra Racing or Anti-Roll Bar will greatly reduce body roll.
Materials & Design:
- All materials used are carefully selected to ensure the best performance and safety. The brackets are made of 4mm to 5mm steel plates, while the hollow steel tubes and oval tubes are of 1.2mm to 1.6mm thickness. These materials are selected to ensure the bars are rigid and strong to maintain constant geometry at all times, yet safe enough to crumble during an impact in order to disperse energy. All of our anti-roll bars are solid steel giving a more even disperal of force, reducing stress and preventing fractures.
- Further, you will never see an Ultra Racing bar with mounting plates attached with bolts. All Ultra Racing mounting plates are welded to the bars. Bars with bolted on mounting plates have minimal rigidity because energy dispersal is concentrated at the bolt mounts not along the whole bar. Further, bolts can sheer off during an impact reducing the dispersal of energy. In fact, these bars can become a dangerous, lose piece of metal creating an additional hazard rather than a protection.
- To protect against the elements and corrosion, all of the Ultra Racing bars are powder coated to an aesthetically pleasing white color.
STEEL vs ALUMINUM
Why are Ultra Racing bars made of Steel instead of Aluminum?
- Steel is stronger than aluminum for the same size and thickness. In order for aluminum alloys to be at least the same strength as steel, they have to be at least double the thickness (steel 4mm = aluminum 8mm). When that happens, the weight saving is not as apparent anymore. Of course there are also exotic materials and alloys that can match the strength of steel, but the costs are astronomically high and, therefore, not really cost-effective for mass production.
9 Reasons why choose Ultra Racing:
Malaysia leading multi points strut bar manufacturer
- Established in year 2002, it is undeniable that Ultra Racing is the leading company which research and contrive elevated quality chassis strengthening bars and today, Ultra Racing has the most immense facilities to indulge with extreme high demand for various types of vehicle models in the market.
Quality Assured strut bar
- Ultra Racing is the only vehicle chassis strengthening bars manufacturer in Malaysia which has acquired the ISO 9001:2008 reward. With such achievement, Ultra Racing is able to deliver further assurance to all customers worldwide.
Award winning chassis strengthening components manufacturer
- In year 2007, Ultra Racing has been awarded as Super Excellent Brand.
- In year 2009/2010, Ultra Racing has been awarded with Asia Pacific Super Excellent Brand Top Golden Brand Products
- In year 2010, Ultra Racing has been awarded with SME 100 Fast Moving Company
- These achievements represent an assurance like no other to Ultra Racing’s loyal customers which our competitor brands will never able to accomplish.
- Ultra Racing has been recognized worldwide and today, Ultra Racing has been exporting fine tuned chassis strengthening components to more than 10 countries worldwide which are Japan, Hong Kong, Thailand, Indonesia, Philippines, Taiwan, Australia, United Kingdom, Greece, Sweden, New Zealand and USA.
Invaluable asset which can never replaced by anything
- Ultra Racing is able to provide life-time warranty which stands as a guarantee to customers upon their investment. Alternative trade in option also available for customers with a maximum value of 30% off the retail price of a new one which is applicable only for bar-to-bar basis.
Ultra Racing has more than 1800 household products nowadays
- Ultra Racing chassis strengthening components has the most compatible vehicle list. With more than 2000 products available in our catalogue, Ultra Racing is able to cope with the demand of market needs. In addition, custom made on all strut bars are available upon request.
Track proven in-house development and involvement in motorsport
- Ultra Racing Motorsport Division carries the task of bringing Ultra Racing’s products into track and motorsport event in order to further enhance all products and accumulate feedback from event like track racing, autocross and drifting competition.
- Being the proud chassis tuning partner of Federation D & Tengku Djan, Team GoodYear Racing, and Team Toyo, Ultra Racing’s able to show its existence in worldwide motorsport event.
Imitation is the best form of flattery
- Ultra Racing’s chassis strengthening components are being imitated the most and have been sold in the market by more than 10 companies. The imitators used exactly the same name, our design, similar logo even our product color – White.
- With absolutely no modification needed, Ultra Racing “plug-and-play” products’ able to provide user with significant differences in handling which indirectly increases the safety of the vehicle with its improved characteristic
1 x ULTRA RACING 16mm Rear Anti Roll Bar:Honda City 1.5 '05/Jazz '01 [AR16-035]
+ ( 60 ) 7 4544823
+ ( 60 ) 17 7235662